Thank you for your advice Alexis, I have now tried to do this using wd2d and
it does indeed make sense. I am still having problems however. Everything
seams to go fine, to what the 2 guides I am following suggest, but when
reconstructing the data is where I get stuck!

When running raidctl -vF component0 raid0 I see

RECON: initiating reconstruction on row - col 0 -> spare at row 0 col 2.
Quiescence reached...

And that is where it stops, just sitting there. I am guessing when you do
the command it brings up a bar of how much it has reconstructed with maybe
an ETA, but I don't see this, no hard drive light flashing.

Befor that command I do

disklabel wd1 > /root/disklabel.wd1
disklabel -R wd0 /root/disklabel.wd1
raidctl -a /dev/wd0b raid0

Which seams fine with me. Did you following a guide to teach your self this?
I have tried reading over man raidctl but it's now showing me anything more
then I know already and what I am not doing correct to cause this
reconstruction to just hang...? Any ideas

Many Thanks
Chris