On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 8:10 PM, Chris <atst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 10:04 AM, Nick Guenther <kou...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 7:54 PM, Chris <atst...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> The problem was with "export EDITOR=vi" in ~/.profile. I removed it
>>> and all good now.
>>>

>> ..huh? How?
>
> Not sure how but if I put "export EDITOR=vi" or "export
> EDITOR=/usr/bin/vi" in .profile, page-up (or page-down) don't work
> anymore.

And you really do mean page-up right? Not arrow-up?

I just tried and you're right. The ksh manpage says:
 VISUAL     If set, this parameter controls the command-line editing mode
                for interactive shells.  If the last component of the path
                specified in this parameter contains the string ``vi'',
                ``emacs'', or ``gmacs'', the vi, emacs, or gmacs (Gosling
                emacs) editing mode is enabled, respectively.  See also the
                EDITOR parameter, above.

-Nick