On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 1:50 AM, MANI <mm.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Currently I am using 4.2 stable and I am willing to upgrade to -current
> because of some new features which i need.
> According to faq (http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq5.html#Bld) I should first
> upgrade to closest binary, which means upgrade from 4.2 to 4.3 and then to
> 4.4 ( Latest snapshot ) and finally Fetch & build *-current.
>
> Above process as you know will be a highly time consuming process and I
> prefer stick to my current 4.2 rather than going through that. why not just
> Fetch & build -cuurent directly?  what is your recommended approach for
> upgrading to -cuurent ?

As has already been said, the less tedious way is to go through a
binary upgrade of each version. Checkout:
http://www.openbsd.org/faq/upgrade44.html for guidance through the
upgrade from 4.3 -> 4.4. The other upgrades will be similar. There are
links at the top of the page that will help you through other
upgrades.

-Neal

--
www.nealhogan.net          www.lambdaserver.com