At 06:06 PM 5/4/2009 -0400, STeve Andre' wrote:

The best way is to get a new disk.  I'm serious.  Disks are cheap enough, and
the value of whats on them is high enough that if you think its going, get a
new one.  Even if this is a hobby system, I'd do that.

And I'm serious too - how many hard drives to you throw away before you realize that might not be the problem?

There is disk testing software from the OEMs you can use.

But if you think its acting weird don't trust it.

That's why I'm looking for a way to gather some hard data.

        Lee