John Bond wrote:
Hello,

Im looking into bulding a home rourter device and my obvious OS choice
is OpenBSD however im strugeling to find an ADSL2+ pci cards which i
can use.  I have only managed to find to devices which may work

snagoma data card s519 --
http://www.sangoma.com/products_and_solutions/hardware/data_networking/s519.html
or possibly the
Viking PCI ADSL2+ Modem Card -- http://www.yawarra.com.au/pdfs/XC-P-ADSL2-V.pdf

does anyone have any expirence with these cards and know if they do
work with OpenBSD or know if they are better options

These should work fine - the S518 presents itself as a special ADSL controller on the PCI bus, but AFAIK the 519 is actually an ethernet chip (Realtek 8139?) paired up with an ADSL modem on a PCI card, so all the computer sees is an ethernet card.

I think you configure the ADSL modem by telnetting to it through the ethernet card, but I'm not sure.

--
Russell Howe
rh...@bmtmarinerisk.com