Need Coffee wrote:
> Hi, I have kind of a weird question.
>
> I have two video cards in an amd64/-current machine.
>
> Both cards have dual-head capability.
>
> At the text console, the same text appears on both ports.
>
> Would it be possible to either:
>
> - make the ports separate consoles (seems unlikely)

Possible, yes.  YOU have a lot of code to write.  Though, I'll
be happy to test it. :)

> - run each card independently (so, more VT's offered on
> the second video card)

same answer.

Sorry, but OpenBSD's console support is not designed for this.
Not that it couldn't be done, but I think the general consensus
among the developers is a solution for what you are trying to
do is already in place, it's called 'X', and does the job nicely^W.

If you want to have multiple heads and multiple cards running, you
would probably have to run them in graphics mode, and probably be
hopelessly hardware specific.  Now look at what you have done,
and realize you on your way to re-inventing X.  Just keep going,
might as well see if you can do better...

Nick.