Hi there,

I am running OpenBSD 4.4 with OpenBGPD and multiple peers.

For some reason the device is selecting Level3 as the default route for
absolutely everything which is not statically set.

On Level3 config i have set:

set localpref 100
softreconfig in yes
max-prefix 100 restart 300

For the others I have not set max-prefix.

Also set

nexthop qualify via bgp
rde route-age evaluate

and then stopped the session for Level 3 and started it again so it would
seem "less stable" to the decision engine since it is a newer session, it is
still the default for every single route. I even did a route flush and
flushed them all, and did a refresh from another peer, at which point all
routes came back, defaulting to Level3!

How do i stop this from being my default route?

The reason why is because it is not the best route most of the time. E.g. to
some parts of the US it takes 16 hops through Level3, whereas Global
Crossing will do it in 1 hop, Abovenet in 3, etc.

Thanks!

Ken