Todd T. Fries wrote:
If you use the kernel mode pppoe, you can ifconfig add them as an
alias to the interface, you might be able to do the same to the tun
interface, see if it works...

I was hoping to accomplish this with userland pppoe as it is simpler to configure, and it already works. Would userland pppoe pick up a second set of PAD* communications? I can look into switching my setup to kernel mode pppoe but didn't want to completely redo a working config.
You are showing your roots, tun0:0 and tun0:1 are Linux naming
conventions, here in OpenBSD we just add addresses to the device
itself as 'aliases' aka:
Uhm, no. I haven't touched Linux in probably 10 years (and would like to keep it that way! :). I was referring to something I read years ago about pf being able to handle "pass in from fxp0:0"-type names in filtering interface aliases and wondered if that convention would apply here, since I would be using pf to handle incoming traffic (from the one connection) to the appropriate internal network based on either originating IP or aliased interface.

The point being that ne3 happens to be the interface (its hostname.ne3 reads "up" only) for the pppoe connection which "magically" creates the tun0 interface, and wondered if it would create such a beast as tun0:1 (or a tun1 for that matter) that could be used in pf rules, but I wasn't sure. I've never had occasion (yet) to use pf to address an interface alias directly.

Regardless of interface naming conventions, am I to understand that as a "no, userland pppoe cannot handle a 2nd IP address on the same connection"? Before I tear down an existing config for a new one, I would like to ensure my goals are not do-able by the existing one.
  # ifconfig fxp0 inet 1.2.3.4 netmask 255.255.255.0
  # ifconfig fxp0 inet alias 1.2.3.5 netmask 255.255.255.0
  # ifconfig fxp0 inet alias 1.2.3.6 netmask 255.255.255.0
  # ifconfig fxp0
  fxp0: flags=...
  [..]

For further reading see ifconfig(8), hostname.if(5), and
pppoe(4) (as opposed to pppoe(8)).

Penned by Scott McEachern on 20090525 11:26.33, we have:
Hello all,

I currently have a single line DSL connection with my ISP and I am considering getting a 2nd IP from them for a second domain. The DSL modem (a speedtouch 516 which has a single ethernet connection to the LAN) is in bridge mode so the OpenBSD firewall handles the connection/authentication.

I was wondering if there is a way to have ppp/pppoe bind a second IP address to one DSL connection? And if this is possible, would the IPs then be bound to tun0:0 and tun0:1? I cannot find an answer to this in my research.

This is my current setup for a single IP, which works wonderfully:

In /etc/rc.local:

if [ -f /is_fw0 ]; then
   echo -n ' PPPoE ';
   ppp -ddial pppoe