Actually, when audio is a concern, I'm quite happy with the audio(4) framework of sio_open(3) and friends.

I've just finished a remote PMR control app where real-time audio is needed, and all the bells and whistles are up to the task: multiple devices support -I'm working with four Behringer USB audio cards-, full-duplex, mixer control et al.

Sure and additional framework should make easy porting other projects to OpenBSD, but as far as audio programming is related, native audio support is nicely implemented and rock solid.

Just missing some samplerate convert not relying in aucat! So I can use it on several devices at once, but that's a patch -filtering is the hard trick- I'll work into :)

Regards!

Dani

Jacob Meuser escribis: