On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 9:21 PM, Need Coffee <need.cof...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have an OpenBSD-current machine running xdm, xdmcp enabled.
>
> If I try to connect to it from a Solaris 9 machine with Xinerama enabled,
> I get this in /var/log/xdm.log:
>
> X Error of failed request:  BadPixmap (invalid Pixmap parameter)
>  Major opcode of failed request:  129 (XINERAMA)
>  Minor opcode of failed request:  4 (XINERAMAIsActive)
>  Resource id in failed request:  0x18000c
>  Serial number of failed request:  59
>  Current serial number in output stream:  59
> select returns -1.  Rescan: 0  ChildReady: 1
>
> Without xinerama, it works.  Is there a way to allow this to work?
> I see that xdm has some knowledge of xinerama, so I'm assuming this
> is a Solaris issue?

Looking at the code, I fail to understand how XineramaIsActive can
return a 'BadPixmap' error.

There's definatly a bug somewhere. In can be in the Solaris X server
or on the OpenBSD libX11 side (by incorrectly interpeting the reply).

If you're able to capture the X trafic between your OpenBSD machine
and the Solaris one, it would be nice to use a protocol decoder
(xscope or even wireshark which has good X protocol knowledge) on it
to see the exact request and reply triggering that.
--
Matthieu Herrb