Jesus Sanchez schrieb:
Jean-Frangois SIMON escribis:
Hi all,

It looks like the max bandwidth of ftp is somehow 350 Kb/s.
Is this normaland if so can it be increased ?

?? it must be your bandwidth limit, there's nothing
about a 350 kb/s limit anywhere. please, read carefulle
the ftp manpage.

As there are some information missing, I look into my crystal ball and see that Jean-Frangois is downloading with help of the ftp program via DSL which is either 6Mbit or faster.

Due to the latency of the DSL line the standard settings for net.inet.tcp.recvspace (see sysctl) are not correct for this kind of setup. He should try to increase it, for me 65536 works on 6Mbit DSL.

Please tell me in case this is all wrong so that I can order a new crystal ball!

Enough guessing, HTH
  Markus