i have this in /etc/ttys:

tty01   "/usr/libexec/getty std.57600"  vt220   on  secure

dlg

On 10/07/2009, at 7:07 PM, Vijay Sankar wrote:

Thanks very much for your detailed answer. Really appreciate that. I
now see output through ssh. Unfortunately, it looks like the
following:

s!!eBwRs!ow1u))BwRs!GDbu1'wd
                          tGsO)
g$

I tried reducing the baud rate to 9600 but then the output looked
like the following

So then I tried each of the settings under the "Failsafe Baud Rate"
setting (57600, 19200) and those did not work either.

Is there something I should do in /etc/ttys ?

Thanks again,

Vijay