On 24/07/2009, at 1:47 PM, Jamie Griffin wrote:

Hi

i installed openoffice3 using pkg_add. After trying to update the package
using ports the build fails[cut]

Not sure how you *upgrade* a package via ports, or have I missed the point?
(You should be able to REBUILD the package from ports, but it would be
the same version.)

So the /usr/ports you get off the CD will match the environment to build
the release packages.

I think I am correct in saying that (currently) ports follow -current?

But if you've installed a release, then follow the stable branch, your base is the release. If you try and follow ports, you need to follow current (I know this is not 100% true anymore, because there are some stable ports again.)

http://undeadly.org/cgi?action=article&sid=20090703194735

So are you trying to build OpenOffice from 4.5 /usr/ports?  Or are you
trying to build current /usr/ports on 4.5?

Thanks.