On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 03:03:51PM +0200, Peter N. M. Hansteen wrote:
> setting up a new spamd plus various content filtering at a client site
> we were kind of baffled to see that apparently manually setting an
> address to TRAPPED with spamdb, ie
>
> spamdb -a -t 211.49.57.32
>
> for some reason seems porous, in that messages received from that IP
> address still hits the content filter a few minutes after the manual
> intervention.  I just wonder what it is I'm seeing here - spamdb
> lookups cached or something?

I noticed such behavior some time ago. It makes sense if you think about
it: spamd has a db, and now and then updates pf tables. Until the update
in pf occurs...

During normal, automatic operation this isn't an issue since IPs are
going from greylist to either whilelist or blacklist, and presumably (I
haven't read the code) spamd will update pf immediately since it knows
there's a change.

If you want immediate response then dump the IP in the pf table as well
as adding it with spamdb.

--
Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD User Group  |  MetaBUG
dwchand...@stilyagin.com   |  http://phxbug.org/      |  http://metabug.org/