On 3/08/2009, at 8:19 PM, Richard Toohey wrote:

On 3/08/2009, at 12:21 PM, 4625 wrote:

On Sat, 1 Aug 2009, Richard Toohey wrote:

'HOME' and 'END' keys will display the '~' almost everywhere in OpenBSD console.

openbsd home key tilde
First link might help with the HOME and END keys; depending on what exactly you are doing.

Maybe for ksh it would work, I don't know. First of all there is impropriety bind format: 'bind '^[[3'=prefix-2'. Bash advice to use the ':' instead of '='. Bash does not know 'prefix-2'. I have different scancode on HOME and END keys - ^[[7~, ^[[8~.

--
4625

So, when you say "almost everywhere in OpenBSD console" do you mean if you do, say
Alt-Ctrl-F2 and log in, and then press ...

F1    you get 1~
F2    you get 2~
F5    you get 5~
... but ...
F6    you get 7~
F7    you get 8~
HOME you get ~
END you get ~

(So, at this point, we are completely outside X / xterm, nothing to do with bash, etc.)

Thanks.

HHHmmm, never mind that jibber-jabber (I've got lots to learn ...)

Google

openbsd function keys

Second link seems to make Midnight Commander F-keys work ...

HTH