On Tue, Aug 04, 2009 at 11:11:17AM -0400, Luis Useche wrote:
> Hello Guys,
>
> I was wondering if there is some tool that delete the packages
> specified along with their "deletable" dependencies. Deletable means
> packages that pkg_add added automatically (as dependencies of the
> installed one) and are not dependency of another package. This will
> ensure (in most of the cases) that you don't end up with a system with
> unnecessary packages.
>
> I couldn't find in pkg_delete(1) any option that implements the
> previous semantic.

Here's what I do (it's kinda silly):
$ /bin/ls -1a /var/db/pkg/ | grep -Ev "^(\.|\.\.)$" > plist
$ vi plist # remove pkgs I want to KEEP (vim, ...)
$ for f in `cat plist`; do sudo pkg_delete $f; done
$ for f in `cat plist`; do sudo pkg_delete $f; done
$ for f in `cat plist`; do sudo pkg_delete $f; done
$ for f in `cat plist`; do sudo pkg_delete $f; done

Keep running that until nothing gets removed.

It's a hack, but it does what I want.  If something in plist is a
dependency, it won't get removed.

-ME