OpenBSD's boot(8) has a very cool command: 'machine boot <drive>'. As
far as I can tell, this command simply transfers control to the boot
code in the master boot record or in the primary boot record of the
selected drive/partition.

I have an AMD64 computer with 2 hard drives: SATA 500 GB, the whole
disk is used by Vista x64; IDE 80 GB, most part is used by
OpenBSD/amd64 and a small chunk by Windows XP x86. In BIOS, the IDE
drive is set to be the 'first' one. So when the computer boots, if I
want to boot into Vista, I just type machine boot hd1 and Vista boots
without a complaint.

BTW, why isn't 'machine boot' mentioned in FAQ about multi-booting?
More than that, it's not even mentioned in the i386 and amd64 man pages.

--
Sviatoslav Chagaev <sl...@zb.lv>