* Daniel Ouellet <dan...@presscom.net> [2009-09-15 19:14]:
>>> If I may ask here. One thing that would be nice for the records is to
>>>  get a little bit more details on your setup doing that if you have
>>> no  problem providing it obviously. Specially the PF configuration
>>> tie to  this bgp router as well may well be very educating to many.
>>
>> it doesn't run pf.
>
> Interesting! I always thought that a minimum of PF was in use.
>
> So, if I may ask, how you do some minimum like:
>
>  ip verify unicast source reachable-via any
>
> for announcement to you from multiple BGP sources or even:
>
>  ip verify unicast source reachable-via rx
>
> for announcement from a single and uniq bgp source then?

i dunno what that is supposed to be, i haven't touched a cisco in
years and don't plan to do it again.

> No ban of not valid or spoof IP block then?

nullroutes

> What about letting in only valid destination IP's or letting out valid
> originating IP's out then? No filter for it at all as no PF is there to
> do this?

in general this happens on the next layer, the actual firewalls.

> I obviously wrongly assume there was a minimum of PF in use as well,
> witch I see I was wrong to think so. I thought PF was use to validate
> traffic, letting only valid IP's in/out and not accepting range of not
> valid BGP announcement as well. Is there a way to do this that I may
> obviously have miss by not doing it via PF?

you know nothing about that setup and make invalid assumptions.
i won't elaborate more on this setup, it's not mine, we just run some
stuff for them.

--
Henning Brauer, h...@bsws.de, henn...@openbsd.org
BS Web Services, http://bsws.de