Bernd Siggy Brentrup wrote:
> The oldest sources by Thomas Koenig (aka T-Rex) I have at hand (3.1.8
> iirc) definitely carry a GPL license statement.  I'm curious in how
> far openBSD's source code for at differs to warrant a different
> license if at all possible.  Up to now I only checked the manpage.
>
> btw, Debian's at package has collected ~60 open bug reports over the
> years, dunno if they apply to openBSD's at too.
>
> Regards
>  Siggy

Hello,

The full history of the implementation of at available in OpenBSD is
online, it has had the same 2-clause BSD license since it was imported
from NetBSD 13 years ago, it mentions Thomas Koenig as a copyright
holder.. so perhaps he contributed it to the BSD projects prior to
joining the Linux conspiracy.. err, community.

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.bin/at/
http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/usr.bin/at/

Importing recent GPL contributions is not likely to happen, presumably
a lot has changed over the years.. on OpenBSD for instance.. there is
no "at daemon", cron(8) is used for this instead.

Ironically I did find a Usenet post from 1993 fixing what appears to
be this same 'f argument' bug, so who knows?
http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.os.linux.misc/browse_thread/thread/ba4e6994b4d52d40/7f3c4b699e385f92

Have fun reading some history.
-Brynet.