I'd like to start auditing code for a few classes of defects. Would the
bugs list be the correct place to submit a pile of diffs?

The defect classes I'm looking at are gleaned from Ian Darwin and Geoff
Collyer's 1985 USENIX paper, "Can't Happen" [1]. BSD 4.2 took a beating
almost 25 years ago; OpenBSD still has some room for improvement.

Two examples:

- Check that input files aren't directories; indent doesn't check, and
  auditing would be an excuse to get my eyeballs on more code.

- Handle signals correctly, e.g.,

    /* catch interrupts iff not ignoring them */
    if (signal(SIGINT, SIG_IGN) != SIG_IGN)
        (void) signal(SIGINT, onintr);

That last guideline seems to be honored in the breach, so I wonder if
it's become obsolete.

Thanks.

[1] http://www.literateprogramming.com/canthappen.pdf

--