Daniel Malament wrote:
> On 10/22/2009 5:37 AM, William Boshuck wrote:
>>> And here I thought I remembered the new installer being described as easier
>>> to use.
>
>> It is.  Were it not so quick it would be positively
>> boring. Just don't set mount points for the partitions
>
> Perhaps I should clarify: IMO, not double-checking with the user about
> what specifically to wipe, especially when it used to, is a step back in
> 'usability' (in the Jakob Nielsen sense) - or to put it another way,
> user-friendliness.

I presume you are talking about this question:

  The next step *DESTROYS* all existing data on these partitions!
  Are you really sure that you're ready to proceed? [no] y

This question was asked AFTER you had fdisk'd and disklabled your
disk.  By this point, the data had been already potentially destroyed,
I thought this question quite silly, in that it implies data has been
safe up to this point...no, it hasn't, you have potentially been
destroying things all over the place.

Nick.