Jona Joachim wrote:

> Here's the dmesg output when I plug in the device:
>
> uaudio0 at uhub3 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0 "Ten X Technology,
> Inc. USB  AUDIO" rev 1.10/2.04 addr 2
> uaudio0: ignored input endpoint of type adaptive
> uaudio0: audio rev 1.00, 4 mixer controls
> audio1 at uaudio0
> uhidev1 at uhub3 port 2 configuration 1 interface 3 "Ten X Technology,
> Inc. USB  AUDIO" rev 1.10/2.04 addr 2
> uhidev1: iclass 3/1
> uhid0 at uhidev1: input=8, output=8, feature=0
> uhidev2 at uhub3 port 2 configuration 1 interface 4 "Ten X Technology,
> Inc. USB  AUDIO" rev 1.10/2.04 addr 2
> uhidev2: iclass 3/1, 3 report ids
> uhid1 at uhidev2 reportid 3: input=1, output=0, feature=0
>
> When I try to use it I get the following errors:
>
> han% audioctl -f /dev/audio1
> audioctl: /dev/audio1: Device not configured
> han% aucat -f /dev/audio1 -l
> aucat: /dev/audio1: can't open device
>
> I don't really know how to debug this any further. This is on i386
> -current.

Your problem might be the adaptive endpoint as described in:
http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-tech&m=125518948020717&w=2

I applied the patch mentioned in this thread to my 4.5 system (at my own
risk) and my USB headset started working as it should.

Both 'audioctl' and 'aucat -l' worked.

It seems this patch was applied 8 days ago, I'm guessing it exists in a
recent snapshot. I don't know if your CURRENT system is current enough.