Skype is crap, but really good in going trough firewalls so if you
want to block this and you're company then prepare rules about using
of ICT for users and they must sign it. If they break those rules then
use sanctions against them. Of course that this will not stop experts.
Or if you want to be friendly you can give them option that they can
use Ekiga or similar app, but not Skype because of security
implications.

But in fact if they are capable of using searching they may find this
page https://imo.im where is Skype available trough Flash.