Punchline: I had a chat with one of the top techs at this
mail system provider, and told him about the OpenBSD
experience with Adaptec.  He told me they have come to the
same conclusion and that their next generation product would
have a much better (by OpenBSD standards) manufacturer for
the RAID systems...

More of a punch line would be if they actually see the light for real as well and use OpenBSD instead with softraid and all. Wouldn't that be the killer. They already know about BSD, so using OpenBSD shouldn't really be such a problem but going from BSD to Linux for mail system? OK, I am not a big fan of Linux, I must confess, but using something rock solid and on email, I know of none that come close to OpenBSD for stability , security and all. That would make their stuff install and forget for ever! Call that good marketing, that's what company wants, install and forget.

But sure good writing as usual and I hope they listen to you too Nick. They couldn't have someone more convincing to listen too!

Best of luck.

Daniel