On 11/21/09, Philip Guenther <guent...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 1:07 AM, Mihai Popescu B.S. <mihai...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Since some time, the x*.tgz are reported as FAILED in this check. I
>> send another email to the list, I got one answer but I'm not able yet
>> to get the idea. So, I ask again, is still this SHA256 used for _all_
>> files or it is just for non x* files in snapshots? Should I use it to
>> check the files snaphots or not?
>
> Did you examine the timestamps on the SHA256 and x* files?  What were
> they?  What mirror was this from?
>
> Looking at ftp.openbsd.org just now, the SHA256 file for the i386
> snapshots has the correct value for all the x*.tgz files.
>

> Philip Guenther

I did and I got an idea about what may happen: I had in my mind that
.iso file is just an image of the files present in the directory,
which is not true all the time. Now I think the developers are not
building an .iso file for wach change they do in the directory. This
way, inside .iso file can be older .tgz files than what I see in the
fto directory. This explains why checks are FAILED. Am I right ?

Thanks