On Tuesday 01 December 2009 21.07.04 you wrote:
> > What is confusing me, is that one creates and activates a crypt device
> > with basically the same command. How could I know if I'm creating a new
> > crypted device, or opening an existing one?
> It is the same operation isn't it?
>
> You end up with a crypto disk (or not if something goes wrong); why
> would you have 2 different commands for the same action?

# bioctl -c C -l /dev/wd0d softraid0

So basically, at first bioctl somehow (how?) knows that there isn't any
"crypto stuff" on  wd0d, and after that it will know that it must not disturb
(recreate) the crypto disk - because it has been created before -, but only
open it. Is this correct? If it is, then how can one recreate a crypto disk
(eg. for changing the password)?

Daniel

--
LIVAI Daniel