I have disabled IPv6 in the kernel (via top-level GENERIC) but I can't
see what other places it needs to be disabled for other applications.
Is it enabled per-application or is there some magic in a top-level
Makefile somewhere? This IPv6 is like Whak-A-Mole. Or is it just so
pervasive now that it cannot be disabled? I don't have a need to
partake in the IPv6 "research" right now.

For all you IPv6 cheerleaders, please just resist the temptation to
cheer this time. I promise I'll re-enable the shit when my toaster
does IPv6.