> Mind sharing your hostname.ral0 and the tools you use to trigger this
 > situation? I've tried hping, tcpbench, ping -f, rsync, etc to no avail.
 >
 > max ~8000 intr/s with hping
 > 2.5MB/s with scp

hostname.ral0 is:

    inet 10.2.0.1 255.255.0.0 NONE \
            mode 11g \
            mediaopt hostap \
            nwid XXXX \
            wpa \
            wpaprotos wpa2 \
            wpapsk 0xXXXX \
            wpaakms psk \
            chan 1
    inet6 alias 2001:470:8379:2::1

and this system is basically my home wireless AP -- so it's routing
between wired ethernet hooked up to my cable modem and my laptops
etc.  I see the interface get stuck intermittently under pretty much
any heavy traffic from my laptop -- rsync over ssh to a system on
wired ethernet, uploading big files to the external internet, etc.

I think maybe having a lot of small ack packets to send exposes the
race the best, since typically I see the problem when I am sending a
lot via TCP from the laptop through the slow AP.

If you search the web for soekris and rt2661 then you can find several
other people that seem to be hitting this bug from many months ago,
which makes sense -- a geode is probably a slow enough CPU to make the
races bigger.

 > cpu0: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2500+ ("AuthenticAMD" 686-class, 512KB L2 cache)
 > 1.84 GHz

Your CPU may be too fast... my system has:

    cpu0: VIA Samuel 2 ("CentaurHauls" 686-class) 602 MHz

If your system can service TX interrupts fast enough that there is
never more than one packet being completed, the standard driver should
work fine.

 - R.