It appears there are issues and processes that require
the maintenance of config files and the like after an
upgrade of OpenBSD.  As I am relatively new to this
process I intend to create two directories in my home
directory to keep copies of all my alterations to
OpenBSD. I hope these will assist me in the upgrade
process and protect me from loss of data/etc as I
understand the home directories are protected from
changes during the recovery process.  If anyone
can point out the limitations or additional
considerations related to this process I would
appreciate the guidance.  (I have made some
significant post install changes to Comixwall that
was based on OpenBSD 4.3 a while ago.  However,
I have never seriously considered assuring I could
upgrade an OpenBSD system.  As I am now
considering significant and long term use I need to
plan for this event.)

One directory will contain modifications
/home/{userid}/chgusr      where
/home/{userid}/chgusr/etc/rc.local
     {80x50 console changes)
/home/{userid}/chgusr/etc/X11/xorg.conf
     {modified due to difficult hardware)

Another directory will contain additions
/home/{userid}/addusr
(djbdns a bind replacement may be in here)
where the subdirectories are the locations the
content was added to OpenBSD.  I am hoping
this content can be copied after an update as
it is not a part of OpenBSD making upgrades
easier for me.

Thanks for considering and assisting in advance.