Just some update. People from west had (at least many of them) what
they want. Here behind the iron Curtain it was very different. So
people learned how to fight with it. And it's still used a lot because
even after twenty years some problems still persist like idiotic 1 USD
= 1 EUR and similar.

Reagarding PC here are some pieces of history. Maybe people here may
find it interesting :-)

http://respekt.ihned.cz/english/c1-38540700-the-birth-of-czech-made-capitalis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAE$O
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IQ_151