On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 19:16 -0500, "Steven M. Caesare" <scaes...@caesare.com>
wrote:
> So... back in the 3.6ish days, I had a Prism-based 802.11b card that I
> used in my OpenBSD FW for a wireless access point. Worked like a charm
> until I relocated my FW, and could no longer get good RF coverage. Went
> with a consumer-based 802.11g AP configured as a bridge.
>

> That unit just died.
>

> I've found some cable/antenna assemblies that might allow me to remote
> an antenna to a good spot in the house for coverage, and I'm thus
> re-considering going with a FW based AP setup once again.
>

> According to the OpenBSD site, the following 802.11n devices are
> supported:
>

> athn
>
> iwn
>
> ral
>
> run

As of 4.6-release, 802.11n is not yet implemented. The devices you list work,
but not in n. From the run man page:

CAVEATS
     The run driver does not support any of the 802.11n capabilities offered
     by the RT2800 and RT3000 chipsets.  Additional work is required in
     ieee80211(9) before those features can be supported.