On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 1:57 AM, Marco Peereboom <sl...@peereboom.us> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 11:57:58PM +0800, Jeffrey 'jf' Lim wrote:
>> On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 12:33 AM, Tomas Bodzar <tomas.bod...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > A lot of answers eg. here
>> > http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&w=2&r=1&s=developer+laptop&q=b and
>> > info from this page http://www.openbsd.org/want.html : Laptops. These
>> > die often enough that our developers need about 2-3 replacements a
>> > year. is somewhat descriptive too.
>> >

>> just wondering - the url http://www.openbsd.org/i386-laptop.html is
>> pointed out a few times. What happened to it? I located a mirror (how
>> up-to-date i have no idea), btw at
>> http://mirror.hosting-concepts.com/pub/OpenBSD/i386-laptop.html
>>
> It was removed because it was out of date and didn't contain anything
> really useful.  Laptops basically work just fine with OpenBSD minus some
> moody ones.

thanks. I understand the problem with maintaining a list like that,
but personally, i prefer a list with a note explaining the situation,
than no list at all. Some stuff would be laptop-specific as well (as
opposed to "i386-general"). Like how the new fingerprint readers on
thinkpads dont work. That would be good information to put up. People
also care about other things like fan speed control (are the fans
always on high?), and suspend and hibernate. That's my opinion.

-jf