In article <A18242D9DC2B7747A0EB61F1D2A0349401A13332
@EXCHANGE2K3.city.thornton.local>, brandan.row...@cityofthornton.net
says...
> Hi,
> I'm looking for a reliable T1 card to use with 4.6.  There's a lot of
> stuff out there indicating Sangoma, but It is not longer supported.
> We're trying to replace a Cisco router with openBSD.  The card needs to
> be supported and reliable as this is on a production network.
>  Anyone have a recommendation?
> Thanks
> ,Brandan

I still have an lmc(4) T1/DS1 PCI card sitting in a static bag, but
LanMediaCorp was acquired by SBE Inc, which in turn sold off their
hardware business to One Stop Systems Inc.

OneStop's OSS-PCI-1T1E1LP
(http://www.onestopsystems.com/communication_wan_a.php) appears to be
the same design, slightly smaller to fit on a low-profile card.  (The
original LMC cards were regular-height PCI cards IIRC.)

OneStop appears to still make this card, a 4-port PCI sibling, and a 4-
port PMC sibling.  They explicitly state that "open source drivers are
included", although they list Linux, NetBSD and FreeBSD.

At the time, I was one of only I think 3 people worldwide using this
card in OpenBSD, but I can tell you that Chris Cappuchio's driver was
rock-solid (once you got it working at all - T1 configuration isn't
quite plug-and-play).

I'd be willing to bet that the new (single-port) cards still work with
the lmc(4) driver, or that the driver would require minimal tweaking to
function... the driver hasn't changed much in 4 years, and I doubt the
card has either.

I do note, however, that it appears the lmc(4) driver was re-merged from
NetBSD back in 2005, whereas I was using ch...@dqc's original port from
1999.  In fact, revs 1.3 and 1.4 in Feb 2000 were AFAIK due to my bug
reports :-)

The November 2005 CVS commit log entry of "also attach on LMC cPCI HSSI
cards" for if_lmc_obsd.c v1.18 would lead me to believe that the newer
PMC cards would also be supported, since LMC never made any of those -
it was an SBEI product by then.

Anyway, I can sell/rent/lend the card I have (an LMC1200, I think) to
anyone who wants to test it out.  (Er, assuming I can find it, anyway.)

Alternately, there are several ways to get a V.35 serial signal from an
OpenBSD box to an external T1 CSU/DSU.  See www.blackbox.com for plain
old rs232-to-v.35 converters, among more intelligent equipment.

-Adam Thompson
 <athom...@athompso.net>