I don't understand what a solution can be. If they're never going to
release
supporting documentation anyway, does it really make a
difference for them?
Since they're profiting with or without us
anyway. So we can either choose to
just make it work, or just not buy
their products. I think the former is more
productive than the latter
since "boycotting" their product won't really
affect them (at least
any time soon) so they won't care anyway. On the other
hand, learning
to do things like reverse engineer and write drivers can be a
good
experience, especially for a young person such as myself. I just want
make my stuff work, regardless of what anyone else thinks of it...
and if
other people want to use my code too, then I'd be glad to share.
But the
primary focus is for my own personal gain, not to help others
have support for
their hardware.

Of course the other option being that I could just go ahead
and forget
all of that and buy a Thinkpad of my choice so the work is already
done for me. All of my previous machines just coincidentally had bad
compatibility with OpenBSD because I didn't exactly choose them from
selections like at a store (I took whatever was available for free or
cheap)
and I didn't always get what I want because I didn't grow up in
a household
where we really had the luxury of even buying a computer
at all, but I was
always open to picking up thrown away boxes that were
functioning perfectly
fine.

After I recently finished high school (just barely; I'm not very smart
which is also why I failed every class in two semesters of community
college)
I've been working full-time for minimum wage with extra shifts
to save up for
that new ThinkPad I've always wanted. It took a while
after the rent, bills,
and food, but I'm not sure if I still want to
make the purchase because I
could learn so much from trying to get my
current notebook to work instead of
just relying on something that
works out of the box. So I'm still
contemplating on whether my money