Brynet schrieb:
Luis Henriques wrote:
Hi!

I finally got tired of not using my wireless card on my laptop and decided to
take a look at the code.  I compared the ath OpenBSD code with similar drivers
on NetBSD and Linux kernels, start adding/correcting the ath code and finally
got it to work.  I am currently able to use my AR5424 wireless card!

I think you may have just duplicated some existing work, Damien commited
a new Atheros driver in -CURRENT.. it was named athn(4).

http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-cvs&m=125821878008903&w=2

You might have been able to adapt this new driver, instead of pulling in
code from Linux (..even if it may be ISC licenced).

1) Most of the code I'm using is from Linux driver which is AFAIK GPL'ed code.
   Is this a problem?

If it is GPL code, it's very unlikely to be commited.

-Bryan.
If I remember correctly the AR5424 is the AzureWave assembled into some EEE Models amongst others. I don't think it is supported by athn http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=athn&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=OpenBSD+Current&arch=i386&format=html

Regards,
Dorian