Lars Nooden wrote:
> Aaron Mason wrote:
>
>> ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/4.6/i386/SHA256
>>
>> Replace 4.6 and i386 with the OpenBSD version (or snapshots) and your
>> arch respectively.
>
> Yes, those are the expected checksums and the sets can be tested with
> 'chksum -c SHA256'.
>
> However, bsd.rd itself contains a list of checksums that it expects the
> sets to have when doing an installation.  How do I get at those without
> going through the install process?
>
> /Lars

Why?  I suspect whatever you are trying to do can be done in easier
ways...but...

well, I didn't know, but it was pretty easy to find.  The install
scripts are all plain text and fairly readable, and one can guess
that the checksums in bsd.rd are in a file on the ramdisk...so

boot bsd.rd
grep for a logical string...perhaps "sha"
that will point you at a particular file.
look around in that file, you should have no problem finding it.

you will learn more following that process than me giving you the
answer. :)

Nick.