Hi,

I have just upgraded from 4.6 to a January 28 snapshot and have been working through the pf.conf changes.

The spamd(8) has the following pf.conf snippets as an example:

        pass in on egress proto tcp from any to any port smtp \
            rdr-to 127.0.0.1 port spamd

Checking out pf.conf(5), it has a similar snippet:
          pass on egress proto tcp from any to any port smtp \
                  rdr-to 127.0.0.1 port spamd

with the difference of a missing "in" (pass on egress vs. pass in on egress).

I'm trying to fully understand the new syntax and was working through the BNF in pf.conf(5), but it is missing the "egress" keyword.

I'd try to fix and propose a patch, but not understanding it in the first place poses a bit of problem when attempting to create documentation!

Can anyone shed some light on the use of the "egress" keyword?

Thanks,
Steve Williams