On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 7:45 PM, joshua stein <j...@openbsd.org> wrote:

> at the end of the installation, the mirror you chose (in your case,
> your local ftp server) is sent back to ftp.openbsd.org so that it
> will be given to you again the next time, assuming your ip is the
> same.

because your vmware installations are presumably all coming from the
> same ip address, you keep receiving your local ftp server as a
> default.

Ah, this definitely makes sense.  It is a handy little feature but I am a
little surprised the privacy advocates out there in OpenBSD-land didn't cry
foul about reporting information back to the mothership like that.  (I
couldn't find any inside MARC anyway when searching for installer-related
posts).

Thanks for taking the time, I appreciate the effort.

Matt