Hello,

It has been suggested here that em(4) should give good network performance on gigabit networks .
(http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=126605109632029&w=2).
Does this include only the non-Intels on the man page (if there is such thing there)?

I was thinking to get my hands on an Intel PRO/1000 PT for routing/pf till I read this on your site:
http://www.openbsd.org/crypto.html#hardware

"Forget about Intel. (If you want to buy gigabit ethernet hardware, we recommend anything else... for the same reason: most drivers we have for Intel networking hardware were written without documentation)."

Does Intel still not provide appropriate documentation or did that web page expire? Is there any other brand/driver which should be considered (more) optimal in terms of performance+stability for openbsd routers on gigabit networks?

best regards,

Giannis