On 2010-3-4 12:22 AM, Ilya Ilembitov wrote:
> ...Second problem is that I live in a dorn, so I only have access to
> wireless connection, not wired. And I want to install OpenBSD to a
> laptop that is currently running Debian Linux.

What you are trying to do turns out to be so easy that there's no need
to write it up.

It turns out that Nick's answer will help you:

1) Use a friend's computer to burn the OpenBSD installation CD,
        on Debian see wodim or k3b for burning.

2) Boot the CD install the set bsd.rd onto the USB stick,

3) Then if you will have no network until you are done,
 also copy the sets over to the USB stick and maybe a few packages.

4) Carry the stick over to your computer and boot it, at the boot loader
tell it to use /bsd.rd [1]

If neither you or your friend are able or willing to burn a CD, install
qemu or Virtual Box and boot the installation cd image using that, but
like with the steps Nick outlined, install to the USB stick.

> Googling didn't give me any proper answer. Turns out,

There's one of the biggest problems with the search engines: crap makes
noise, noise makes a lot of hits in the search results.  And then people
confuse high profile or common with good or useful.  There's also the
Microsoft Effect to contend with: the idea that all computer technology
is difficult and unreliable.  Not true.  But the OpenBSD documentation
does take getting used to: it is thorough and very useful.

Later you can install grub on your USB stick, make a lot of partitions
and have installation sets for different architectures or distros.

/Lars

[1]     You can set the stick (or any other storage medium) to boot a
specific kernel by configuring /etc/boot.cfg to point to the image.  e.g.

        set image /bsd.rd

If you are doing a serial console installation then add in your settings
there, too.