On Fri, 5 Mar 2010, Dave Anderson wrote:

>On Tue, 2 Mar 2010, Brynet wrote:
>
>>Dave wrote:
>>> Unfortunatly that resulted in a system that wouldn't boot.
>
>>4.7 is near release, can you try a 4.7-beta snapshot?
>
>Will do.

If apm is disabled, the 3 March 2010 snapshot hangs at the same place in
the boot process as 4.6-release does.

I _am_ going to try upgrading the BIOS, but that takes a fair amount of
fiddling since Sony's tools won't work unless I restore the original
Windows ME setup.  Luckily I inherited the 'recovery' disks along with
the notebook and, for now, this is a test system with no data on it.

        Dave

--
Dave Anderson
<d...@daveanderson.com>