I'm running OpenBSD -current on a 3rd gen Macbook, and have sound for the
most part.
However, I noticed that the headphones jack doesn't quite work properly.

If I plug in external speakers, with their own power supply, the audio over
my
built-in speakers lessens, but does not shut off. Also, zero sound comes out
of the
external speakers while this lessened sound continues out of the built-in
speakers.

Of course, I have not had this problem on other platforms. I have not even
begun
troubleshooting this. I have not tested to see if the same problem exists in
-stable.
I have not tried starting the system up with the headphones plugged in for
proper
identification of the hardware.

This is being experienced on Intel HD Audio.