James Hozier wrote:
I'm buying a new laptop specifically for OpenBSD but I want to make sure
everything is compatible first. Has anyone ever purchased the
ThinkPad T410?

CPU: Intel Core i7-620M Processor (2.66GHz, 4MB L3, 1066MHz FSB)
Screen: 14.1 WXGA+ TFT, w/ LED Backlight (WWAN antenna)
Graphics (avoiding nVidia): Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD - AMT
RAM: 4 GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM 1067MHz SODIMM Memory (2 DIMM)
HDD: 128 GB Solid State Drive, Serial ATA
DVD Recordable 8x Max Dual Layer, Ultrabay Slim (Serial ATA)
Wireless: Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 (3x3 AGN)

My main concerns are compatibility issues with wireless (I'll probably
just use G, not N). I'm pretty sure Intel as the graphics is fine and I
think I've heard OpenBSD has SSD support. Everything else should basically
be good, right?

Save yourself some grief:

1) get a $5 USB stick from $discount_store
2) install a OpenBSD on a bootable partition on the stick
3) boot the laptop into OpenBSD from the USB stick
4) examine the dmesg output, and save a copy

If you don't have physical access to the laptop (eg. buying online) then you're SOL and can only hope for the best. I'm sure others here will point out that the "SuperCard 2000" might have the same packaging outside, but different chipsets inside.

Booting it and looking at a dmesg is the only way to know 100%.

--
- RSM
www.erratic.ca