Hi,

Would appreciate it if someone could spare a few minutes to outline the
reasons for the following behaviour :

1/ Why does OpenBSD not chown files to
root ?

For example, in my test siteXX.tgz, I had a custom "/etc/sudoers"
file.

However because this file was created on a different machine as a
non-root user, on the OpenBSD box, it now has an abritary number reflecting
the user ID on the other machine.  As a result sudo doesn't work ...  ;-(

2/
Why does OpenBSD expect the install.site file to be already chmod 755 ?

created this as a plain text file on another machine.  I spent a long time
trying to figure out why the script was not triggering, until I tried chmod
755 before gzip'ing and re-running the installer.

Any wise words on the above
would be most appreciated !