Miod Vallat wrote:
Hi all,

I've been working on getting gpsd working on one of my old Sun IPXes but I've run into a problem with ldattach needing the /dev/cuaa device. The serial port /dev/ttya is working with gpsd directly but ldattach requires /dev/cuaa. However, according to the system logs, ldattach issues the error (ldattach is run as root):

ldattach: can't open /dev/cuaa: Device not configured

Oops. Big oops. cua support for zstty was removed about 7.5 years ago,
it was intended to be brought back, but I had completely forgotten about
this.

Does the following diff help? It should apply cleanly to 4.6 too (apply
in sys/arch/sparc/dev).

The patch did enable the /dev/cua* devices. I was able to use minicom to connect to /dev/cuaa and see the data streaming back from my GPS receiver.

However, ldattach still doesn't seem to know what to do with the device. I started up ldattach as:

ldattach -d -p -t dcd nmea /dev/cuaa

But it just sits there and does nothing.