Andreas Gerdd wrote:
when 4.8 comes out (a year after 4.6 came out) support for 4.6 will stop.

Quite short time.

Not really.

Our advise is to upgrade to a newer version and plan for that now.
It's not magic, in fact it is pretty easy in almost all cases.

It is not magic, but it is more than magic if you have only remote ssh
access and nothing else. :-(

Regards.

What about upgrade46.html do you find difficult (or "magic")?
I've been writing the upgradeXX.html documents for quite some time, and NEVER heard such a claim before.

Could the upgrade process be improved? Probably, but an awful lot of people do remote upgrades quite regularly. As I write the documentation for that, other than release testing, ALL my upgrades are remote, even if the machine is a few feet away.

Please explain yourself...
and yes, I expect a public answer from you on this.

Nick.