This is just a thread to praise OpenBSD, and give some feedback.

I am running OpenBSD-current on Macbook 3,1 (3rd. revision)

I have been using and supporting MacOS X since 10.1.

Prior to that, I ran OpenBSD 3.0.

My reason for "switching" was simply that of GUI.

Now, I'm happy with Xenocara and ports/x11.

Hardware-wise (what I really wanted to brag about), I am having
far greater stability with OpenBSD than I ever experienced with
MacOS.

Even with the latest and greatest updates, I have always had
problems with OSX seizing up on this machine. I had even suspected
bad hardware at one point because I could not track down the
specifics of my crashes.

However, now that I am running on OpenBSD I can easily show
where any crash or freeze was caused by my own experimentation
and/or failure to read the directions.