On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 7:53 AM, Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org>wrote:

> >> Probably
> >>

> > No. I didn't.
>
> not enough information to say either way.

> >> does
> >>
> >> So your cairo build fails, not xfce4 build. Why not just using
> >> snapshots packages as everyone advices ?
> >> cd graphics/cairo && make clean && make install.
> >>
> >> Landry
> >>

> > Yeah, I think you saw the obvious, too.
>
> run landry's suggested commands inside script(1); if packaging
> cairo fails again then the reason for this should show up in these
> logs.
>
> > Either I was noise to the developer because the problem was expected,
> > or noise similar to my own caused today's upgrade of cairo.
>
> no to both, you just didn't include the necessary information.

I guess I failed to paste the appropriate make output.
I had already done what Landry suggested before I ever posted.
This was broken ever since last week's ports updates. In fact,
I even manually extracted the distfile, and verified so.9.2 was
indeed missing. I am aware of scripts(1), but found the distfile
itself to be in error. (missing file)

The problem is now irrelevant. It has been repaired by an update
to the offending package, Cairo.

>  > Either way, please remove your asshat.
>
> that was totally unnecessary.

Sorry Landry.

I do not wish to run snapshots. I am testing on a
testing machine, and am not greatly inconvenienced by breakage.
(I consider this an act of learning something.)

That said, I also do not want to be "noise" while running -current.
I waited three days (over the weekend while working on another
project) before making a minimal post that showed cairo failures.
Meanwhile, unrelated to my post, cairo was updated.

I'll try to use script(1) output when posting about ports.