Lars Nooden wrote:
On 4/7/10 12:06 PM, Will wrote:
I know some OSes have a "right way" to install perl modules from CPAN.
Does OpenBSD have some similar methodology?

Check first in ports for packages, P5-*

    http://www.openbsd.org/4.6_packages/i386.html

If it's not there, you can make your own package:

    http://openbsd.org/faq/ports/guide.html

/Lars

More serious question about ports. What about needing a newer version of a perl module than is in packages?

I ask because I had an application that needed a newer version.
When I looked into it, a lot of non-perl stuff was tied into it that was beyond my ability to work with.

Admittedly, this isn't the case very often.

But, I like the idea of creating my own package instead of just using CPAN. I hadn't thought of that.

Chris Bennett

  -- Robert Heinlein