Zachary Uram wrote:
As a long time Linux user I will soon try out OpenBSD, I have been
reading the list emails and contacted 1 OpenBSD top person who was
very rude. There is some of the "RTFM" or "get lost" attitude in
Linux, but if a questioner seems sincere there is usually a certain
level of friendliness in Linux community towards them. Just what I
have briefly observed the OpenBSD community is more abrupt and less
interested in helping newbies, they prefer one find the answer solely
on their own if possible. I must say I detect a certain attitude that
smacks of superiority and even condescension at times. Is this a fair
assessment of 6the OpenBSD culture?

Zach

<>< http://www.fidei.org ><>

OpenBSD does indeed have a different culture.
You are expected to try and learn on your own.
If you make that attempt and still fail, you will probably get some help.
If you have a problem with a port or hardware and clearly explain the problem with all the details needed, someone will probably help fix it.

If you just want to complain you will always get the same reply:
Stop your whining and submit a patch!
Good patches are accepted and committed.

Perhaps you could answer a Linux question for me.
I want the CORRECT answer, not an opinion.
Which is the correct Linux distribution for me to use?

  -- Robert Heinlein